Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Day

Visitors of the day:  My mom and Abby
              Justin

Well I have so far survived my first evening inpatient and oh boy what a day it was!!

So ultimately it was completely my decision as to when I was going to come into the hospital yesterday.We chose to come in at 3pm. Good thing we waited until later in the afternoon when everyone was awake and alert because somehow in Amelia fashion of weird luck the people and Mother and Baby Care had no idea I was coming!!! Ack!!

Well they were able to get into a room after a little bit of a wait and thus started the series of pokes prods and blood taking. Each being more difficult than the last. It started with my sugar test which wasn't that bad to begin with the stuff tasted like flat orange soda. Then came the hour after that they had to come and take my blood. Seems like my veins would not work the way they are supposed to. My one arm the blood was super thick and then the other one the nurse could seem to get it into my vein. She gave up for a few moments and then came back with another nurse to have her give it a try. Thank goodness this time everything worked the way it was supposed too!

Then later in the evening they decided to do my first Non-Stress Test (NST) on the babies. Well let me tell you my girls are massive trouble makers. It took the poor nurse 45mins to get both babies on the monitor!!!! So needless to say baby b would not stay still and kept being a trouble maker the entire time. So what normally would be an hour was about an hour and a half hooked up to the machines. As usual the babies are doing just fine!

I tried sleeping but mostly I could only go a few hours before I was awake but I kept falling back to sleep at least. It was a little weird and I had to keep reminding myself of where I was.

Wake up call this morning was at 6:30am to a steroid shot and another monitoring session. The babies continued to be trouble makers but we managed to make it through. Their reward was me finally being able to order my breakfast!! And also that they next session of monitoring isn't until 2pm thank goodness. SO I may just be able to get in a bit of a nap before they hook me up again!!

Although it was a rough first day we are surviving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment