Thursday, August 11, 2011

More Surprises and a Date is Set

You would think that after 25 weeks of this pregnancy I would be used to all the surprises these twins have given us. But it seems they had to give us another one and ultimately this is a good one!

Yesterday we had our 4th Ultrasound and our 2nd meeting with the U of I high risk doctors. Both babies are doing wonderfully developmentally. Also in size they gave us a bit of a surprise! It seems that in the 4 weeks since our last ultrasound are babies have grown quite substantially! Baby A went from 14oz to 1lb 14oz and Baby B went from 13 oz to 1lb 8oz!! Both babies are average for the size of a singleton at the same week!! My babies are determined to grow as much as they can while they are still in the womb! The doctors are pretty up beat so that was helpful and even thought there is a size difference in the babies there is no indication of TTTS so far!

Also during this appointment we set a date for when I would go into the hospital to start my constant monitoring. Starting next Wednesday, August 17th I will be a permanent resident of the U of I  hospital. As my doctor said I will have a parole date of September 28th or then abouts as we will be scheduling the C-section for 32 weeks baring any complications before then.  These babies will be my belated birthday presents! :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read all about your journey. Best of luck - hope everything goes smoothly.

    Susan @ Briggs

    ReplyDelete