Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oh how things change........QUICKLY

SO this is going to be part 1 of how the girls came by their birth date. Last week was by far the craziest I have ever had. Although I never would have through that by the end of the week I would have two amazing girls staring back at me.

Lets start at the beginning:

Sunday September 18th
The entire day had been uneventful we had amazing sessions on the monitor all day, the girls were easy to find and really stayed on the monitor almost the entire hour which meant that mom wasn't hooked up ALL day. I should have know that my girls were planning something...

Our last monitoring session was the one that concerned my high risk doctor. It wasn't a concern that meant the girls would have to be here right now, more it just set the stage for other anomalies to be a bigger concern. "Baby B" Ada had during our last session managed to get her heart rate up to 196 bpm for a minute or two which isn't terrible but in the same session she managed to level off to her normal baseline rate and then have a decel to about 100 bpm. Again this worried the doctors but for now they were just going to wait and see!

I went to bed a little shaken but for the most part confident that this was just another fluke because that had done this sort of thing before without anything bad happening.

Monday September 19th
I'm gonna be honest for as weird as the last night session was everything on Monday was rather boring. The girls were active on the monitors, meaning they were having acels and decels like any other baby for their gestational age. I tried for the most part to sleep the day away and the constant parade of nurses and doctors through my door was really making it difficult to get any sleep. So really nothing happened on Monday, it was as any hospital stay can be "normal". In no way did it prepare me for the events that would unfold the following day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment